Generations of Life: A Service of Hospice of Miami County, Inc.
If you or someone you know has experienced the loss of a loved one, there is a place here in Miami County you can turn to for help in understanding and dealing with your grief or the grief of a loved one or friend, including children. Grief support is an important part of the services offered by Hospice of Miami County. Support is provided to family members and friends up to one year after the loss of a loved one through the Generations of Life Community Bereavement Resource Center.
Support services are available to meet a variety of needs and are offered free of charge to all members of the community regardless of their association with Hospice. Your loved one does/did not have to be involved with Hospice of Miami County in order to take advantage of these invaluable support services. The programs include:
- Growing Through Grief support groups provide a safe, informal environment for the expression of thoughts and feelings associated with grief.
- Living in the Midst of Grief is a series of six weekly daytime sessions designed to be educational as well as supportive. This series is generally offered in the spring and in the fall.
- Journeying Through the Season of Grief is a series of six weekly evening sessions designed to be educational as well as supportive. This series is generally offered in the spring and in the fall.
- Camp Courageous is a summer day camp for youth ages 5 to 18 who are experiencing grief and loss issues. The camp provides a non-threatening environment where those attending can express and share their feelings.
- Bravehearts is a day-long grief education and support program held in December. It is designed for children and teens who are coping with a loss during the holiday season.
- Memorial Services are held at various times throughout the year and are open to the public. Click on News and Events for specific days and times.
- The Lending Library offers resource materials to anyone in the community.
- 6:00 Supper and Friendship Luncheon are monthly gatherings for grieving adults.
- Spring Event for grieving Children and Teens
The Bereavement staff is available to speak at your event, school, or organization. Topics include basic information about the Center, age-related grief education, volunteer opportunities, programming, and ways you can help. Visit http://www.homc.org/support/ to learn more about the services offered. The Center is located at 550 Summit Ave in Troy, OH. They can be contacted via email at email@example.com or by calling (937) 573-2100.